The swine flu news is gathering in the spotlight every day in newsprint. With the present economic situation, influenza spreading is hitting more afflictions on the already bleak scene.
The swine flu is a respiratory disease affecting pigs that are begun from type A influenza virus. But the underlying virus strain, COVID, has mutated and now comprises genetic material from swine and human strains. Scientists find that it is wrong to tag it swine flu due to this mix. So how deadly is it? It is only time such a strain has appeared, which means it is uncertain how lethal it is. Though there have been more than 200 deaths in Mexico, the victims in the U.S have recovered.
Moreover, most of those diseased had no contact with any live pigs, which shows that people-to-people transmission is enchanting place rapidly. Like regular flu, swine spreads by touching infected things, connecting the mouth or nose, and coughing or sneezing. The most uncomplicated technique to keep yourself safe is wearing a face mask, like a 3m 1860s mask, N95 face mask, surgical mask, etc.
Presently, health authorities said two drugs generally used to treat flu – Tamiflu, and Relenza, effective at treating cases that have arisen so far. But the person has to take the drugs at an early stage. An infected person has to recover if treated within 48 hours with these antiviral drugs. The top way to contain the spread until it expires down is to see a doctor when symptoms show and to practice particular good hygiene.
First of all, you have to protect yourself and your precious ones by knowing the symptoms of Swine Flu:
- High fever (above 38°C)
- Runny Nose
- Chills, body aches, sore throat
- Patients will experience breathlessness some days later
Visit your doctor immediately if you have the symptoms mentioned above.
Having said this, what can you do to avoid Swine Flu? I have some tips for you.
You have to maintain high particular hygiene standards. You have to cover your nose and mouth when coughing or to sneeze by 3m 1860s mask or any. You can wash hands, use a tissue when possible, and dispose of it quickly. Wash hands regularly and thoroughly with good-quality soap and water. You are washing hands frequently with soap and water to decrease the risk of the virus spreading from hands to face or to too many other people. Teach your children to observe all these tips.
- Avoid congested areas and maintain good aeration to reduce contact with viruses.
- Wear a face mask that covers and fits your nose and mouth if you care for someone with a flu-like illness or sick yourself. It will reduce the risk of spread.
- Avoid visiting corona or other virus-infected patients in hospitals. Their immune systems are now weak. Avoid interaction with a person having symptoms of flu.
- Monitor your body temperature regularly and visit doctors immediately if you suspect you are suffering from fever or influenza. If you leave the house, wear a face mask.
- Maintain good body confrontation through a balanced diet, regular exercise, and satisfactory rest; and minimizing stress and smoking.